You may have heard a lot about Aztec Secret Healing Clay(Amazon Link), its healing properties, and how it is an effective acne treatment. The beauty industry is full of masks, moisturizing creams, facial scrubs, and so it becomes difficult to make a choice. If you have acne on your face, you need to carefully consider all product choices for there are many fake manufacturers promising to restore damaged skin. This article will provide you an authentic review on Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask, the product creating a lot of buzz in the facial mask market. If you still have questions or don’t know what we are talking about here, check out the product on amazon first.
What is Aztec Healing Clay?
Aztec Healing Clay contains 100% calcium Bentonite clay. The clay is made for external uses only, you cannot ingest it.
Wondering what Bentonite clay is? Bentonite Clay is the volcanic ash which is formed during the process of a volcanic eruption. When the impurities burn off from the tremendous heat, the residue left is Bentonite clay. A large portion of the Bentonite clay is mineral traces carrying a negative ionic charge. Bentonite clay has been used for generations for the treatment of varying skin ailments and body disorders. Aztec Secret is the leading brand of Bentonite Clay, supplying both calcium Bentonite clay and sodium Bentonite clay. Aztec Secret Healing Clay contains Bentonite clay procured right from Death Valley in California. Prior to packaging, the clay is sun-dried for at least 6 months.
Uses of Aztec Healing Clay
Aztec Healing Clay can be used for various issues. In this section, we will present you with the most common uses.
Healing Clay Facial Mask
For most people, a face mask is probably the only use they think about. Indeed, the Aztec Indian Healing Clay facial mask is one of the best and most effective masks out there. Before you start with your face mask, you have to clean your skin thoroughly. You can mix the clay with water or apple cider vinegar until it’s a paste; then apply it onto your face and your neck. Let the mask dry and leave it on your skin for 15-25 minutes. You will soon notice a tension and your skin might pulsate. That’s absolutely fine and normal. Rinse of the face mask with lukewarm water. I always take a shower so I don’t create to much of a mess in my bathroom. After your treatment you should apply moisturizer. Consider developing a routine. In the first minutes after your mask has been washed off, your face might look reddish and a little irritated. Your skin’s color will be back to normal after 45-60 minutes.
If used on a regular basis and as per the instruction, Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask offers the following benefits:
Various Benefits of Healing Clay Face Mask:
- Bentonite clay has great detoxing properties.
- It tightens the skin.
- Gets rid of blackheads and clears pimples.
- Fades aging marks and hormonal breakouts.
- It dramatically improves the skin’s texture!
- Aztec Secret Clay heals and cleanses the skin.
Aztec Indian Healing Clay Body Wrap
A body warp is a great wellness treatment to nourish your skin while you are wrapped in plastic.
AAt first you have to exfoliate your skin with a body scrub. That’s because you want to get rid of old, dead cells and dirt to remove all blockades on your skin. Then you apply the Aztec healing clay paste over your body. Cover all areas that you want treated but spare your genitals. Next, you have to wrap yourself in plastic. If you want to cover your whole body you probably need assistance. To improve your results, you might need extra gear like a sauna blanket. We have a few very good products here for you.
You can mix the clay with many different ingredients to improve the treatment. Here is a recipe idea for you:2 cups of bentonite clay
- 2 cups Bentonite clay
- 2 cups sea salt or Epson salt
- 1 cup dried lavender
- 1 cup kelp powder
Mix all the listed ingredients in a plastic bowl and add water till you have a paste you can use. Instead of water, you can use apple cider vinegar. If you have rather dry skin, add 1 cup of coconut oil. The oil will prevent your skin from drying out.
For more informations about Bentonite clay body wraps, you can check our complete guide with images here.
Aztec Indian Healing Clay Hair Mask
This product can also be used for your hair. Instead of doing a facial mask, you can simply do a hair mask. A Bentonite clay mask has nourishing and deep conditioning effects on your hair. Further benefits are hair detoxification and can reverse damage to your hair.
To get good results, apply the mask to wet and detangled hair. As the natural clay has a healing effect, it bears an outstanding property to curb skin issues. Indeed, it is a wonderful remedy for a variety of diseases. You should check our guide on hair masks we wrote for you. This guide comes with helpful images to guide you through the steps on how to use this product.
Healthy Hair with Aztec Bentonite Clay Mask
If you use Aztec Bentonite Clay maskon the hair, the clay deeply cleans the scalp, the hair roots, while also conditioning the hair. As it tends to moisturize the hair, your hair becomes shiny, and smooth. It eliminates impurities and toxins from the hair and scalp. If you have rough and curly hair, then it is even more important to use this product! The use of the clay mask leaves your hair soft, smooth, and silky. Just after one single wash, you will see how smooth and silky your hair has become! Before using the mask, make also sure you follow the instructions given on the label.
Aztec Healing Clay for Skin Diseases
Bentonite Clay by Aztec Secret is 100% natural, safe, and effective. That’s why the product is used for addressing skin issues and in the treatment of different diseases. The product is pure and authentic since it has Bentonite clay collected from Death Valley, California. You can use Aztec Healing Clay on psoriasis or any kind of eczema and it will ease your symptoms. The Bentonite clay will minimize the infection, inflammation, and will eliminate many different toxins. The best way to treat your skin disorders is in a clay bath because then you can guarantee that the mud covers every part of your body.
Further benefits you can expect from Bentonite clay are the removal of acne marks, burns, itching, body pains, wrinkles, eye catharsis, and many more! To get maximum benefits from the Bentonite clay mask, apply on the skin and leave for 20-25 minutes. Make a paste of Bentonite clay and apply it on skin rashes, burns, blemishes, and acne scars. When applied to the skin, bentonite tends to oxygenate your cells by pulling out hydrogen and replacing it with oxygen.
Don’t Drink Aztec Healing Clay!
You are absolutely not allowed to ingest Aztec Healing Clay. Drinking Bentonite clay offers huge benefits as we describe in another article, but you have to use a food grade clay which we recommend in our recommended products section.
If you use Aztec Healing Clay correctly, it will offer the following benefits for you:
General Bentonite Clay Benefits (External Use)
- Bentonite Clay unclogs your sebaceous glands. It literally soaks out all the sebum and shrinks the pores so they don’t appear that big after the treatment. You skin looks smooth, clean, and healthy after using the facial mask.
- Bentonite Clay helps against acne and acne breakouts. The clay controls the sebum production to prevent your face from becoming oily. Furthermore, it destroys the bacteria associated with acne.
- Clay gently exfoliates your skin. It removes all the old cells to make room for new healthy skin cells.
- If there is a burn, use Bentonite clay as a poultice on the skin. Apply a thick layer of clay on the skin, and leave for an hour. Place a damp cloth or gauze over it. Change the poultice every 2 hours. For concerns and/or considerations, seek the advice of a Physician.
- To have a glowing and bright complexion, prepare a paste of Bentonite clay and apply onto your face. Leave the mask for half an hour and wash off. You will notice healthy and smooth skin. This may be done once or twice a week. We wrote an article how to determine the frequency of the face mask here.
- Use Bentonite clay on hair as an excellent conditioner. It removes product build-up and strips built-up shampoo off the hair. Regular application of Bentonite clay on hair leaves your tresses moisturized and conditioned.
- You can use bentonite clay paste for any skin irritations, including cuts, burns, eczema, insect bites, and stings. Create a clay pack and leave it till it dries. After 20-25 minutes, wash it off and notice the results. Bentonite clay provides relief to those suffering from eczema, chicken pox, acne, and psoriasis.
How to Use Aztec Healing Clay for Maximum Results?
Finally, we show you the famous recipe with apple cider vinegar. Everyone is using this recipe with great success so we suggest you to try it today!
- Take two teaspoon of Aztec Bentonite clay and mix apple cider vinegar drop by drop.
- Form an even and smooth paste by thoroughly mixing it.
- Apply on the targeted areas and leave it for 20 minutes while it dries.
- The drying process gives you a tightening sensation.
- Many describe a pulsating sensation.
- After the pack is totally dry, wash off with lukewarm water.
If there is a slight redness on the skin, don’t panic! Your skin may appear red for an hour afterwards. After some time, the redness will disappear; leaving you with a smooth, glowing skin! Aztec Secret Healing Clay may be applied to various regions of the body including the feet and joints.
What is so Great About Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay?
There are several features of Aztec Bentonite Clay. Some of them are highlighted below:
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask is dried under the sun to prevent mold and bacterial growth. There won’t be any formation of yeast even if the mask is left out in the open for a long time. The sun-drying process lasts for around 6 months, when the highest temperatures reach 134 degrees. You are completely safeguarded from micro-organisms!
- Bentonite Clay is completely natural and there are nearly no side effects. If you are worried, check our general guide to possible side-effects during the use of healing clays. As the clay is made of volcanic ashes, it protects the skin from breakouts and diseases. When you prepare the paste with apple cider vinegar or water, the mask obtains the capability of drawing out toxic build-ups and bacteria. It completely gets rid of poisonous substances and excessive sebaceous oil from the skin’s pores.
- Aztec Indian beauty mask is totally devoid of chemicals, additives, parabens, and other harmful substances.
- The product is customizable and versatile for greater effectiveness. Use it by mixing in apple cider vinegar (as mentioned above), tea tree oil, or aloe-vera to boost its effectiveness. You may also mix rose water with it. In the next section we take a closer look what you can use to mix it with.
What Can I Mix with Aztec Healing Clay?
You can mix the Indian clay mask with several ingredients to get better results. For different skin issues, you need to use different sets of ingredients. You can mix apple cider vinegar in the clay mask and stir with the wooden spoon. To treat acne, you may add 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 3 tablespoons of the Aztec clay mask. If your skin is sensitive, you should add water instead of apple cider vinegar. To get better results, add just a few drops of tea tree oil and mix with a wooden spoon. Apply the pack on the face and leave for 20-25 minutes.
Afterwards, wash your face and notice beautiful, healthy, smooth, and even skin. If you want to use Aztec Secret Healing Clay on the hair, take ½ cup of Bentonite Clay and add 1 tablespoon of castor oil, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 4-5 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Further, add some water to it. Apply the pack on the hair from the root to the ends and leave for an hour. The end result will be smoother and silkier hair!
How does the Aztec Healing Clay Mask Work?
Bentonite clay has the amazing property to detoxify your skin. But how does this process work?
As soon as the Aztec Indian Healing Clay comes into contact with any fluid, for example water or apple cider vinegar, it becomes negatively charged . The toxins are therefore extracted by the mask as the negatively charged clay tends to attract toxins, poisons, and metals that are positively charged. As a result, your skin becomes smooth and even.
Furthermore, Bentonite clay has a high concentration of various minerals like potassium, calcium, silica, and magnesium; which are all great nutrients for your skin.
Various Perks Associated with Using Aztec Bentonite Clay Mask
- Detoxification is an amazing feature of Aztec Bentonite Clay Mask. Our bodies tend to accumulate toxins and in order to drive them out, it is good to use the Bentonite Aztec clay mask regularly. The poisonous chemicals that our body absorbs from the environment around us can harm our bodies in several ways. The Indian healing clay is also a wonderful detoxifier.
- It is also been revealed that Aztec Bentonite clay can aid you giving up alcohol and other addictions.
- The product is a wonderful anesthetic to eliminate pain from the body when used as a poultice. The clay mask is an amazing poultice for regions containing insect bites, cuts, burns, and etc.
- The Indian healing Bentonite mask may be applied to the various regions of the body to curb rashes and get rid of the discomfort associated with bee stings and insect bites. Aztec Indian healing clay is a wonderful poultice; but, don’t forget to tie the treatment area with a damp piece of cloth.
- Indian healing clay is recommended by many beauticians for its ability to curb pain and tighten the skin. The skin becomes fresh, healthy, and is left smooth and glowing. The mask can also aid in the removal of acne.
- Use the clay mask to improve your oral health. The key benefit of the clay is that it is abrasive enough to remove the plaque but not strong enough to damage your enamel.
Alternative Bentonite Clay for External and Internal Use
The only disadvantage when it comes to Aztec Indian Healing Clay is that you are not allowed to use it internally. Other Bentonite clays are meant for both internal and external applications. It is certified by the FDA and had the power to attract metal particles, toxins, and impurities from the skin and scalp to leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Summary: For External Use We Highly Recommend Aztec Indian Healing Clay
While we did a tons of research and tested countless Bentonite clay products, it was the Aztec Healing Clay that consistantly brought us good results. To revive your skin and hair, we often suggest the Aztec Secret Healing Clay. It has the ability to draw out excess oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin’s pores. Your skin becomes healthy, beautiful, and glowing. It won’t over dry your skin or scalp; but, make sure you don’t leave it on your hair or skin for an excessive amount of time. Mixing apple cider vinegar will give you the best results. The product is available in several beauty stores and of course, on Amazon. Use it 2-3 times a week for best results!
How Often Can I Use Aztec Healing Clay?
This question is hard to answer because every person has different
preconditioned skin aliments. One time per week is a good starting point for
most people. If you notice that your skin didn’t dry out, you can increase the
frequency to 2, then 3 times a week. Prior to the first application, determine
your skin type. You will likely have normal, oily, or dry skin; although, you
could have a mixture. If you are unsure, you can ask your dermatologist.
For dry and normal skin, it’s ok to use the Aztec healing clay once a week to start. If you have oily skin, 2-3 times per week is a reasonable frequency. If you suffer from acne or other skin diseases, the face mask could be a great support to your conventional therapy. In case of cystic acne or other severe forms or acne, you should always ask a doctor for advice first. Acne might leave ugly scars if not treated correctly.
What Will Happen If I Do Clay Masks too Often?
Your skin will dry out. If you overdo things, your skin will become dry, flaky, and a little irritated. If you notice some of these symptoms, you can lower the frequency. Often, there are certain areas on your face which are dry while others, like the forehead, are still oily. In this case, you should apply the face mask to the oily areas only:
Know that if your skin is dry because you used your facial mask too often, your sebaceous glands will produce more sebum. Then you may find yourself in a repetitive cycle where things only get worse.
Are There Any Downsides About Aztec Healing Clay?
Many people online are excited about Aztec Healing Clay! The only thing you should be concerned about is that the healing clay is really strong and effective. If you have rather dry skin, make sure that you do not overdo things! You will cause more harm than good if you use the mask too often.